Perlite is a unique volcanic mineral which expands from four to twenty times its original volume when it is heated. Perlite can reach temperatures of approximately 1600-1700 degrees F. The media's expansion is due to the presence of two to six percent combined water in the crude perlite rock, which causes the perlite to pop in a manner similar to that of popcorn.
When expanded, each granular, snow-white particle of perlite is sterile with a neutral pH and contains many tiny, closed cells or bubbles. The surface of each particle is covered with tiny cavities which provide an extremely large surface area. These surfaces hold moisture and nutrients and make them available to plant roots. In addition, because of the physical shape of each particle, air passages are formed, providing optimum aeration and drainage. Because perlite is sterile, it is free of disease, seeds, and insects.
Average Size Range: 0.132" to 0.187"
Return and Warranty Policy
- No returns after 30 days.
- Store credit only, no cash refunds.
- No returns on: bulbs, liquids, powders, soil, growing media, or hydroponic
- Items returned within 30 days, in new condition and original packaging, subject to
15% restocking fee.
- Defective products will be warrantied when received within 30 days of purchase.
- Warrantied products will be replaced, no refunds or exchanges.
- After 30 days no warranties on: air pumps, water pumps, fans, fluorescent bulbs,
timers, thermometers, light hangers, or microscopes.
*After 30 days warranty fees may apply
**A $10 fee applies to all in-store warranty repairs.
© 2020 Pachamama Indoor Farming.