Monterey B.t. Monterey B.t. must be eaten by worms or caterpillars to be effective. After ingesting the insecticide, they immediately stop feeding, though they may otherwise appear to be unaffected for several days. Best results are obtained by treatments when worms are small; they must be actively feeding on treated, exposed foliage. You may apply Monterey B.t. up to and on the day of harvest. Apply Monterey B.t. when worms or caterpillars are first noticed. Apply more frequently to control heavy infestations. Apply thoroughly to top and bottom of foliage. About Monterey: Monterey Lawn and Garden Products is a leading distributor of plant protection chemicals and fertilizers. We strive to offer home gardeners the same professional-grade technology available to the agricultural industry. Our growing line of products provide economical and effective solutions to yard and garden problems and are properly registered and labeled to be sold to and used by the home gardener.
- INSECT KILLER: This pest control is designed for use on caterpillars and worm type insects, such as cabbage looper, bagworm, gypsy moth, fall cankerworm, elm spanworm and many more.
- FOLIAGE PROTECTOR: This insecticide is designed for use on a variety of plants including broccoli, celery, cabbage, turnip greens, mustard greens, cauliflower, melons, lettuce, tomatoes, shade trees ornamentals and many more.
- SAFE FOR EARTHWORMS & BEES: When used as directed, Monterey B.t. has no effect on birds, earthworms or beneficial insects such as honeybees or ladybugs.
- ORGANIC GARDENING: Our insecticide is OMRI listed and approved for organic gardening. OMRI, The Organic Materials Review Institute, determines whether or not a product qualifies as organic under the USDA's National Organic Program.
- READY TO USE: Monterey B.t. is conveniently ready to use when it arrives. Apply directly from the container which is fitted with a trigger sprayer. Product can be used on edible plants up to the day of harvest.
OMRI Listed for organic gardening Monterey B.t. RTU should be applied when worms or caterpillars are first noticed, then repeated at five 5-7 day intervals while they are active. It should be applied more frequently to control heavy infestations. Monterey B.t. RTU should be applied thoroughly to top and bottom of foliage, and reapplied after heavy rains. Monterey B.t. RTU must be eaten by worms or caterpillars to be effective. After ingesting the insecticide, they immediately stop feeding, though they may otherwise appear to be unaffected for several days. May be applied up to and on the day of harvest.